AMD recently released the 7nm Zen 3 architecture Ryzen laptop processors called Cezanne on the CES 2021 platform. Among them, Ryzen 9 5980HS, one of the top performers, showed its strength in a shared test.
As reported by Wccftech, the 8 core 16 thread Ryzen 5980HS processor seen in an Asus ROG Flow X13 laptop; Geekbench with single-core and multi-core performance test in 1541 and 8224 he managed to obtain a score on Twitter by sharing were exhibited.
The official speed figures of the chip, which is displayed while operating at 4.5GHz with an average increased speed, are 3GHz and 4.8GHz in turbo mode. Assuming that the test is a correct test, we can see that the 5980HS processor is 41% faster in single-core performance compared to the previous 4900HS chip. In other words, we can say that a significant improvement has been made with the processor which is 17% faster in multi-core.
Processors with a power consumption of around 35W are expected to exhibit superior gaming performance as reported by AMD. With the transition to the Zen 3 architecture with the Ryzen 5000 desktop processor series, it is hoped that an improved performance will be achieved as a result of the development in the field of IPS (commands per second).
The offered battery life is also important for these processors. According to the AMD company, the Ryzen 7 5800U offers up to 17.5 hours of battery life in normal use.
Thus, with the arrival of Cezanne processors, which we are likely to see on laptops soon, it seems that the competition between Intel and AMD will increase.
- AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX with Zen 3 Core Architecture Appears on Geekbench News / Technology
- Intel Core i9-11900K leak reveals processor speed News
- Benchmark Results of AMD's Zen 3 Core Processor Ryzen 9 5900H Revealed News
- The improvement provided by AMD Ryzen 5000 processors is remarkable News / Technology
- Intel's 3rd Generation Xeon Ice Lake-SP Server Chip Appears on Geekbench News / Technology