AirPods Max promise high quality sound, Adaptive EQ, Active Noise Cancellation and spatial sound features.
Apple announced the AirPods Max, an innovative wireless headset that combines the high-quality sound of AirPods with on-ear design. AirPods Max; It combines a custom acoustic design, H1 chips and advanced software for a premium listening experience with Adaptive EQ, Active Noise Cancellation, Transparency mode and spatial sound. AirPods Max come in five colors, including space gray, silver, sky blue, green, and pink, and will be available to order starting Tuesday, December 15th.
“AirPods are the most popular headphones in the world and they are loved for their effortless setup, incredible sound quality, and iconic designs. With AirPods Max, we bring the AirPods experience to on-ear design with high quality sound. " said Greg Joswiak, Apple's senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing. "Combined with custom acoustic design, powerful H1 chips and advanced software, AirPods Max enable them to use computational sound to wirelessly deliver the ultimate personal listening experience."
Special Acoustic DesignEvery part of AirPods Max, from headgear to ear cushions, is designed to provide successful acoustic performance for every wearer. The breathable knit hood that wraps around the headband is made to distribute weight and reduce pressure on the head. The stainless steel headband frame aims to provide strength, flexibility and comfort for a wide variety of head shapes and sizes. The interlocking headband sleeves stretch and hold securely to provide the desired fit.
Each ear cup is attached to the headband via a revolutionary mechanism that balances and distributes ear cup pressure, allowing the wearer to rotate independently to match the unique contours of the head. Each ear cushion uses acoustically engineered memory foam to create an effective seal; this is a critical factor in delivering immersive sound. Inspired by Apple Watch, the Digital Crown offers precise volume control and the ability to play or pause audio, skip tracks, answer or end phone calls, and activate Siri.
The Digital Crown provides precise voice control and the ability to play or pause audio, skip tracks, answer or end phone calls, and activate Siri. The noise control knob allows easy switching between Active Noise Cancellation and Transparency mode
AirPods Max ear cushions use acoustically engineered memory foam to create an effective seal for surround sound, and Apple-designed mesh fabric wraps around each ear cushion for greater comfort.
From the headrest to the pillows, every part of AirPods Max is crafted to provide a comfortable fit and acoustic performance for every individual.
Listening ExperienceAirPods Max feature a 40mm Apple-designed dynamic driver that provides rich, deep bass, accurate midrange, and crisp, clean high-frequency extension so every note can be heard. A unique pair of neodymium ring magnet motors allows AirPods Max to maintain less than 1 percent total harmonic distortion over the entire audible range, even at maximum volume. Equipped with an Apple-designed H1 chip in each earpiece, a special acoustic design and advanced software, AirPods Max uses computational sound to deliver the highest quality listening experience possible. The chip powers a premium listening experience with computational sound, Adaptive EQ, Active Noise Cancellation, Transparency mode and spatial audio using each of its 10 audio cores capable of 9 billion operations per second.
AirPods Max has a special acoustic design, 40mm dynamic driver and unique dual neodymium ring magnet motors.
- Adaptive EQ: AirPods Max use Adaptive EQ to adjust the sound to the fit and tightness of the ear cushions by measuring the sound signal transmitted to a user and adjusting the low and mid frequencies in real time.
- Active Noise Cancellation: AirPods Max feature Active Noise Canceling so users can focus on what they are listening to. Each earbud has three microphones facing outwards to detect environmental noise, while a microphone inside the earphone monitors the sound reaching the listener's ear. Using computational audio, noise cancellation constantly adapts to the fit and movement of the headset in real time.
- Transparency Mode: With AirPods Max, users can switch to Transparency mode to simultaneously listen to music while hearing the environment around them - allowing everything including the user's own voice to sound naturally while the sound plays perfectly. Switching between Active Noise Cancellation and Transparency mode can be done with a single press using the noise control knob.
- Spatial Audio: AirPods Max use spatial audio with dynamic head tracking to place sounds almost anywhere in a space - aiming to provide an immersive, cinema-like experience for content recorded as 5.1, 7.1 and Dolby Atmos. Using gyroscope and accelerometer on AirPods Max and iPhone or iPad, spatial audio tracks the movement of a user's head and device, compares motion data, then remaps the sound field; thus, the user stays connected to the device even if the head moves.
AirPods Max automatically detects what a user is in their head using optical and position sensors. AirPods Max play sound once inserted and can be paused when removed or when the user simply lifts an ear cup. With AirPods Max, voice calls and Siri commands are clean and clear, thanks to the beam-forming microphones that block out ambient noise and focus on the user's voice.
Battery and PerformanceAirPods Max offer high battery life with Active Noise Canceling and spatial audio enabled, with up to 20 hours of high quality audio, talk time or movie playback.
The AirPods Max comes with a soft, slim Smart Case that helps conserve battery charge when headphones are not in use, putting the device in an ultra-low power state.
When AirPods Max are stored in the soft, slim Smart Case, they enter an ultra-low power state that retains a charge.
- Automatic switching allows users to move audio between iPhone, iPad and Mac seamlessly. While playing music on Mac, users can easily search on iPhone and AirPods Max will switch automatically.
- Audio Sharing makes it possible to easily share an audio stream between two AirPod sets on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch or Apple TV 4K. Bring the AirPods Max next to the device and connect with a single tap.
- Siri capabilities include playing music, making phone calls, controlling the volume, getting directions, and more. Siri can also read incoming messages with Siri Announce Messages.
- AirPods Max requires Apple devices running iOS 14.3 or higher, iPadOS 14.3 or higher, macOS Big Sur 11.1 or higher, watchOS 7.2 or higher, or tvOS 14.3 or higher.