According to a new report, Intel surpassed AMD in processor market share in the last quarter of 2020. This attack is not only on the laptop computers where the company is already dominant; it can also be seen on desktop devices. This is an important development in the recent AMD-dominated market.
Mercury Research shared information about the processor market for the last quarter of 2020. During this period, although AMD seems to have lost its general market share to Intel, it still made a significant gain. In this case, it should be noted that the current epidemic also has an effect.
According to Mercury Research, the x86 processor market has seen a massive 20.1% improvement in the last quarter of 2020. On the AMD side, it is possible to observe a 19.3% market share on the desktop side. This figure was 20.1% for the previous quarter. Nevertheless, the AMD company is still improving on an annual basis. Because in the last quarter of 2019, the market share of the company was 18.3%.
Considering the situation in the general market, AMD actually made a lot of revenue during this period. In fact, the last quarter of 2020, where we saw a 50% increase in profit compared to 2019, was the best period of the company.
So we can say that AMD company is still doing good work in addition to Intel. However, we cannot say that it was not surprising that Intel took its market share from AMD for the first time in three years. It is said that in addition to the stock shortage experienced by AMD, the discounts made by Intel also had an effect on this situation.
- AMD Takes Intel's Market Share According to the Latest Steam Reports News / Technology
- The use of AMD graphics cards and processors in Linux system is increasing News
- MediaTek takes the lead in smartphone chip sales! News
- The best selling laptop brand has been announced! Lenovo is down News / Technology
- The improvement provided by AMD Ryzen 5000 processors is remarkable News / Technology