How to Delete All Messages Saved on Snapchat?
Do you have too many saved messages piling up on your Snapchat profile? And if you want to delete them, this article will help you. While deleting multiple messages at the same time will save time, Snapchat doesn't offer such a feature. Therefore, you should follow the old method of deleting messages one by one.
You can also save or unregister a specific message in a chat thread with your Snapchat friends. This means that you can delete other messages in the same thread that you shared with your friend. You can find more details on the next steps in this guide. I've also explained the easy steps to delete messages stored on Snapchat.
Delete All Messages Saved on Snapchat
- Go to Settings, then Accounts Actions section
- Click Clear Chat in the Accounts Actions section.
- You will see the list of all the conversations you have had with your Snapchat friends.
- There will be an X symbol next to each conversation
- Tap the X to delete the conversation
- Confirm the action and tap Clear
NOTE : Even if you delete messages on your side, the chat for your friends will be there until they delete it too.
Record a Specific Message When Deleting an Entire Conversation
If a particular message in a conversation thread is important to you, you can save that message. Then you can delete the rest. It's pretty simple.
- Just long press on the message you want to save
- A small menu will appear
- From this select Save to Chat
- This message background will turn gray. This indicates that it has been saved
To unregister a message
- Tap and long press on the message to highlight it.
- If you then close Snapchat and restart it, this message will be deleted automatically.
Depending on how you set it up, you can delete your message immediately after viewing it. Otherwise, it will be automatically deleted after viewing the message for 24 hours.
Also, if you delete your Snapchat account, all messages will be deleted but only by you. Your Snapchat friend will continue to see messages on their profile.